Thursday, February 7, 2013

Seascape Soapstone

This project started with a 50lb block of soapstone.
































beginning to carve....


....with help from kitty



























Working with the dremel...



























side view...


































making progress....



























This is still a work in progress. At this point I've hollowed and carved out about 20lbs of stone and done hours of sanding. Still more to do!

I prefer to use hand tools (rasps, paring knife, carving tools) but once in awhile I get brave and use a dremel (what I'm doing hereabove). My tool of choice (and the first one I ever used) is the small black-handled paring knife I got from Walmart for a buck. 



















not quite finished but coming along. Still needs lots of sanding and polishing


No comments:

Post a Comment